1. These General Terms and Conditions apply and determine the terms and conditions for the borrowing and use of the SUP and its associated equipment.
2. Terms relating to the application of the provisions of the General Terms and Conditions:
- The equipment hired out is SUP and associated equipment belonging to the company Jerica Brišar s.p., Grahovo ob Bači 23, 5242 Grahovo ob Bači, registration number: 7225121000 (hereinafter referred to as the Owner of the Equipment);
- The place of renting is the place where SUP and all related equipment are rented and returned.;
- The renter is a person who rents the SUP and the related equipment.
3. General Terms and Conditions are available at the rental site, on the back of the Statement of Liability Assumption and at www.soca-sup.eu. The Owner of the Equipment reserves the right to change the conditions. Unless otherwise specified, all changes to the General Terms and Conditions apply when they are publicly announced. General Terms and Conditions apply for all persons who are listed in this Statement of liability assumption.
4. The SUP and associated equipment are rented in accordance with the General Terms and Conditions, the duly completed and signed Statement of Liability Assumption and the rental rates.
5. The contractual relationship between the company and the borrower shall be established by signing the Statement of Liability Assumption. The Statement is filled in at the place of rent. In case of an incorrect or incomplete Statement, the Owner of the Equipment may ask the borrower to correct or supplement the statement. If the renter does not complete or correct the Statement, the Owner of the Equipment may complete or repair it on behalf of the borrower.
6. Rent procedure:
6.1. On renting, the renter must sign the Statement of liability assumption for himself and for other family members.
6.2. The renter undertakes to fill in the Statement of Liability Assumption with correct and true information.
6.3. The rented equipment is payable. The rental price is published at the rental site and on the website www.soca-sup.eu. The availability of paddle boards in advance can only be provided upon prior payment of the reservation.
6.4. Rental of equipment is not possible for people under the age of 18 (minors). The equipment can also be rented by minors, but only in the presence of parents or carers who are also responsible for any damage caused to the equipment by minors, third parties or themselves.
6.5. The Owner of the Equipment may refuse to rent the equipment to a person he / she believes can not or is not able to use the SUP, as well as for other legitimate reasons.
6.6. Rent occurs at the place of rent during working hours or at other time on request.
6.7. The renter must return the equipment to the place of rent or to another agreed place in the same condition (taking into account wear in the normal use of things) as it was at the time of rent.
6.8. The renter must return the equipment at the time specified in the Statement of Liability Assumption.
6.9. In the event of a delay in the return of equipment, the renter must pay a penalty for delay. The penalty for delay is the price of the daily rental of equipment.
6.10. If the renter returns the equipment damaged, the Owner of the Equipment shall charge the costs of 50 EUR per piece of equipment. If the equipment is so damaged that it is unsuitable for further use, or in case the renter loses the SUP, the renter undertakes to settle the total value of the new SUP in the amount of EUR 400.
6.11. Upon the return of the equipment, the Owner of the Equipment and the renter will inspect the equipment and, in case of possible damage, draw up a record.
6.12. When damaged / destroyed equipment is returned, the Owner of the Equipment and the renter are obliged to complete the record on the determination of the extent of the damage and determine the cause of the damage. In this case, the renter is not entitled to a payback of the difference in the rental price for the time of non-use of the SUP.
7.1. The renter uses the SUP on his/her own responsibility, taking into account the usual use and conditions of use in recreational sport and the fact that other participants are also present in the water, i.e. vessels such as canoes, kayaks, river boats, etc. The renter must use the object carefully and with all due care, taking into account that the conditions in the water are unpredictable and change rapidly which can lead to injuries and dangerous situations. For children under 12 years of age the use of life vest is obligatory. For children under 10 years of age the self-contained use of SUP is forbidden.
7.2. By completing the Statement of Liability Assumption, the renter confirms that he/she is in a suitable physical and psychological state, that he/she is able to use the SUP and that he/she is able to swim independently at least 50m. By signing this Statement, the renter also assumes all responsibility for possible injuries or damage caused by the lack of ability to use the SUP.
7.3. The renter must follow the normal rules for the use of SUP in the waters. The Owner of the Equipment is not liable for any damage caused by the renter due to failure to comply with the normal usage rules.
7.4. The renter undertakes to:
- use the equipment borrowed with all due diligence, care and with observance of these General Terms and Conditions;
- take care of the equipment borrowed even when not in use;
- use the equipment in a way that prevents any damage or destruction of the latter.
7.5 The term “normal use” of equipment purchased does not include:
- any use of equipment that leaves the user or others exposed to hazards;
- any use of equipment borrowed in sports events;
- any use for commercial purposes;
- any use of equipment under the influence of alcohol, illicit drugs, sedatives, sleeping pills or other psychoactive substances that may affect the borrower’s ability to use the SUP; any use similar to the above.
8.1 During the rental period, the renter shall be liable for any damage caused to him/her, to third parties, or to the property of third parties due to the use of the SUP.
8.2. If the renter causes damage to the equipment borrowed as a result of improper use of the SUP and its associated equipment, the renter shall reimburse the damage. The damage must be reimbursed to the Owner of the Equipment on the basis of the estimated damage resulting from the General Terms and Conditions.
8.3. If the equipment borrowed is stolen, if it is not returned in the agreed time, or is so badly damaged that it can not be repaired, the renter is obliged to pay the amount corresponding to the price of a new SUP. The price of a new SUP is evident from the General Terms and Conditions.
8.4. If the renter does not return the equipment after the expiration of the time agreed for rent and fails to notify the Owner of the Equipment about the reason for the delay, the Owner of the Equipment shall be entitled to inform the Police regarding the equipment that was not returned.
8.5. In the event of destruction or theft by a third party, wherein the police have compiled a record of the damage event, the renter shall be obliged to hand over the copy of the record to the Owner of the Equipment. The renter is obliged to pay the Owner of the Equipment within a period of 5 days from the occurrence of the damage a deposit in the amount of the price of a new SUP, taking into account the normal wear due to the normal use of the item.
9.1 In the event of a breach of the General Terms and Conditions, the Owner of the Equipment shall have the right to withdraw the borrowed equipment from the renter immediately. By signing the Statement of Liability Assumption and acquainting with the General Terms and Conditions, the renter shall waive any objections against the actions of the Owner of the Equipment for breach of the General Terms and Conditions.
9.2. If the equipment borrowed has defects which prevent correct and safe use of the equipment and the Owner of the Equipment is not able to replace it, the renter has the right to immediately withdraw from the use of the SUP and immediately return it to the Owner of the Equipment. In such a case, the Owner of the Equipment is obliged to return to the borrower the agreed and paid amount for the rent of the SUP for the time when the renter could not use it.
The subject conditions are drawn up in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Slovenia. The Owner of the Equipment and the renter will endeavour to resolve any conflicts by mediation and in a peaceful way. In the event of a dispute, the District Court of Nova Gorica is competent.
If it turns out that the provisions or part of them are invalid or incorrect, they shall be considered non-existent and the remaining valid conditions shall be considered valid.
The renter herewith permits the company to use the photographs / videos that may arise during the activity for promotional purposes.